Venture Investment Associate and Principal
Elkstone is a Family Office based in Dublin managing the wealth of its principals, with a focus on Real Estate, Venture and Alternatives, and a Multi-Family Office, regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, which provides both access to co-investing in our principal’s investment portfolios and traditional family office services to many of Ireland’s entrepreneurs and High Net Worth Individuals. Our focus is to proactively assist our clients in selecting investment opportunities that are directly tailored to their individual needs.
Elkstone Ventures are an early-stage venture capital investor based in Dublin that focuses on investing in the best early stage start-ups in Ireland, the UK and the US. Our investment approach is sector-agnostic across B2B software, digital health and consumer technology, with over 35 portfolio companies including unicorns LetsGetChecked and Thirty Madison, and high-growth businesses such as Manna Drone Delivery, Flipdish, HealthBeacon, AudioMob & Soapbox Labs.
We’re planning to launch a new €50m fund later this year and are now looking to hire more talented people to join our Ventures team. We are looking for both an Investment Associate and Investment Principal to help us back the next generation of Founders!
This role will be part of our investment team that invests in 8-10 early-stage businesses per year. In addition to career development opportunities, your role will be dynamic in a fast-paced environment with high levels of responsibility from day one. No two days are the same! Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to all aspects of deal flow from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities, to assisting with due diligence, deal execution and close.
- Meeting and networking with Founders and fielding investment pitches.
- Performing market research to proactively identify new investment trends and opportunities.
- Speaking to industry experts and existing customers to understand target companies’ competitive landscape.
- Performing valuation analysis and analysing data to understand key metrics.
- Preparing internal investment memos for investment committees.
- Attending industry events to build your network in the start-up ecosystem.
- Supporting our portfolio companies post-investment by developing a close working relationship with Founders, occasionally acting as a Board Member or Observer.
We value diversity at Elkstone and are open to all kinds of backgrounds, but our ‘nice to haves’ include:
- Associate: 2+ years’ experience in a high growth start-up, large technology company, accelerator, investment bank or strategy consultancy.
- Principal: 5+ years’ experience that includes a senior role in a high growth start-up, large technology company or accelerator, or prior investing experience.
- Passionate about tech and the start-up ecosystem.
- A team player who would relish the prospect of working with exciting Founders in the early days of their businesses.
- A curiosity about the world and the technology that will shape the next 10 years and beyond.
- A motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- A confident, high-energy candidate who is not afraid to defend their opinions and is capable of interacting with senior management and experienced entrepreneurs.
- Not essential, but having personal entrepreneurial experiences or time spent in a product or engineering role at a tech company would be desirable.
What we offer
- Autonomy over your work, while also being part of a supportive, collaborative team.
- Attractive Remuneration.
- Opportunity to support the Irish venture ecosystem.
- Be part of a dynamic, challenging environment & high performing team.
Please send your CV, the role you’re applying for and a brief note on why you’d be a fit to email@example.com
Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!