Permanent, Full time
Elkstone is a Family Office based in Dublin managing the wealth of its principals, with a focus on Real
Estate, Venture and Alternatives, and a Multi-Family Office, regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland,
which provides both access to co-investing in our principals’ investment portfolios and traditional
family office services to many of Ireland’s entrepreneurs and High Net Worth Individuals. Our focus
is to proactively assist our clients in selecting investment opportunities that are directly tailored to their individual needs.
Elkstone Ventures are an early-stage venture capital investor based in Dublin that focuses on investing
in the best early stage start-ups in Ireland and internationally. Our investment approach is sector agnostic, with over 35 portfolio companies including unicorns LetsGetChecked and Thirty Madison,
and high-growth businesses such as Manna Drone Delivery, Flipdish, HealthBeacon, AudioMob &
Part of our investment team that invests in 10-12 early-stage businesses per year, this role will manage the day to day running of the Venture Investment team as well as working closely with the CEO and Co-Founder Alan Merriman, who will continue to strategically lead the Venture business.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Deal Flow: Proactively source and screen potential investment opportunities in close
collaboration with Elkstone’s CEO and the Investment’s Team.
- Lead diligence: Work in cooperation with the members of the Investment Team providing
guidance, structure, project management, and leadership.
- Legal processes: Lead selected transactions through to the close, involved with the
negotiations with the target company, the legal aspects of the term sheet and deal
- Reporting: Assist with reporting documents and refining existing processes.
- Board Skills: Work with portfolio companies to help them succeed. Develop a close working
relationship with Founders, acting as a Board Member or Observer as required.
- Participate in Elkstone Venture Leadership and Investment Committee Meetings.
- Accomplish and manage team’s OKRs by leading the Venture’s team on a day to day basis.
- Act as mentor and ensure appropriate development of each team member, focussing on
cooperation, promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience that includes a senior role in a high growth start-up, large
technology company or accelerator, or prior investing experience.
- Passionate about tech and the start-up ecosystem.
- A team player who would relish the prospect of working with exciting Founders in the
early days of their businesses.
- A curiosity about the world and the technology that will shape the next 10 years and
- A motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- A confident, high-energy candidate who is not afraid to defend their opinions and is
capable of interacting with senior management and experienced entrepreneurs.
- Not essential, but having personal entrepreneurial experiences or time spent in a
product or engineering role at a tech company would be desirable.
Please note that all candidates selected to commence the recruitment process will undergo an internal background screening process.
Please apply via LinkedIn or send your updated curriculum vitae to: email@example.com quoting the reference Elkstone – Venture Partner, specifying your salary expectation and notice period. Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all candidates interested in working at Elkstone, however, only candidates who will be
selected to commence our recruitment process will be contacted. Elkstone does not currently require
any recruitment agency’s help with this recruitment process. Please do not forward any application/any detail of any candidate.
Elkstone is an equal opportunity employer.