Venture Research Associate
Elkstone is a Family Office based in Dublin managing the wealth of its principals, with a focus on Real Estate, Venture and Alternatives, and a Multi-Family Office, regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, which provides both access to co-investing in our principal’s investment portfolios and traditional family office services to many of Ireland’s entrepreneurs and High Net Worth Individuals. Our focus is to proactively assist our clients in selecting investment opportunities that are directly tailored to their individual needs.
Elkstone Ventures are an early-stage venture capital investor based in Dublin that focuses on investing in the best early stage start-ups in Ireland, the UK and the US. Our investment approach is sector-agnostic across B2B software, digital health and consumer technology, with over 35 portfolio companies including unicorns LetsGetChecked and Thirty Madison, and high-growth businesses such as Manna Drone Delivery, Flipdish, HealthBeacon, AudioMob & Soapbox Labs.
We’re planning to launch a new €50m fund later this year and are now looking to hire more talented people to join our Ventures team. We are looking for a motivated and ambitious Research Associate to support our Ventures team!
This role will be part of our investment team that invest in 8-10 early-stage businesses per year. In addition to career development opportunities, your role will be dynamic in a fast-paced environment with high levels of responsibility from day one. No two days are the same! Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Financial modelling & analysis for early stage companies.
- Research technology trends in the public and private markets to create deep dive reports that help the investment team identify new opportunities.
- Create investor-grade pitch decks, financial models and other equity research analyses distilling company and/or deal data into an informative, concise report.
- Interface with portfolio company CEOs and CFOs to understand specific company needs related to our engagements and drive data collection/due diligence process.
- Complete ad-hoc financial analysis and financial modelling to assist & support our Ventures Team.
- Assist and support our Ventures team as needed.
We value diversity at Elkstone and are open to all kinds of backgrounds, but our ‘nice to haves’ include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or 2+ years equivalent work experience.
- Intricate knowledge of Excel and well versed with financial statements.
- Advanced skills in excel modelling.
- Keen attention to detail and demonstrated ability to produce error-free deliverables with minimal oversight.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to navigate ambiguity and manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years related work experience is preferred.
- Personal entrepreneurial experiences are desirable but not essential.
What we offer:
- Autonomy over your work, while also being part of a supportive, collaborative team.
- Attractive Remuneration.
- Opportunity to support the Irish venture ecosystem.
- Be part of a dynamic, challenging environment & high performing team.
Please send your CV, the role you’re applying for and a brief note on why you’d be a fit to email@example.com
Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!